Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Addie May

For FHE our ward went to the Provo Cemetery and helped clean up all the flowers from Memorial Day. I knew my great-grandparents were buried in this cemetery so I got some people searching in the area I remembered it being in and I (meaning my bishop) found it! I was so excited. Philo Taylor and Addie May Gurr Edwards. I loved looking at their grave and seeing when they were born and married and trying to imagine what they were like and different things they went through. Maybe I'm just thinking a lot about families because that night I interviewed
my Edwards grandparents for this marriage prep class I'm taking and my other Price grandparents just left for their mission in Russia but it was a really nice thing for me to see this grave. I'm just really lucky to have two great sets of grandparents and learn from their great examples. I've been intrigued by their storied as of late because they had to go through the same things I do. I can learn so much from them and I feel strengthened by them and their examples as well as all my ancestors. I seriously can't wait to meet Addie May though...I think we will be really good friends for some reason.

1 comment:

Followers