Tuesday, March 15, 2011

vegas 2011.

This weekend I went down to Vegas for the tournament. Maddie and I didn't have any tickets and didn't know how we were going to get any because they were all sold out but we had some serious faith in our cougs and we just went along for the ride. It was so much fun!


We didn't know how we were going to get into the Friday night game so as we drove there we were crossing everything we had for good luck. It paid off...we got some bomb tickets.


Such a precious picture of some of the track guys that we met up with down there. Too bad it was too late that they didn't even have the Bellagio fountains working but luckily we saw them the next night.


Maddie and I saw the WORLD'S LARGEST CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN! I am considering somehow getting that thing for my wedding.


Kept up the family tradition and stopped in Filmore at Larry's Drive-In for a shake on the way home. I also made everybody in our squishy car (five people all over 5'9'' in a small saab) moan as loud as we could as we passed through Mona. I think my fellow carmates were satisfied with the traditions.


We went to the Hard Rock Cafe which was really fun. I got a free glass cup and pin because I helped one of the workers by putting her hair in a pony tail in the bathroom. Yes. Random I know.


Walking around the strip at like 1 in the morning who do I run into but some of my best friends from the good ol dub X. I was so pumped to see so many of my high school friends..it's been so long!


This picture was taken at who knows what time. We were all just very tired as we waited for the other people in our group. I started to get a second wind and put out Curtis' hat to see if I could earn money through my singing or dance moves (don't worry this wasn't right on the strip because that would be scandalous) while Curtis and Nate-O were just extremely tired.


Our amazing friend Rodriguez made friends with some SDSU fans and they hooked us up with Friday night tickets and yes I got to see Jimmer score 52 points in the flesh. He was throwing it DOWN and it was way sweet to see history being made.


I realized how much I love blown glass. Ever since the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake where they had a big exhibit by Dale Chihuly I've just loved it. Anyways when we were walking around I saw this little exhibit and we got to see some AMAZING things made of glass. It was so pretty.


Yes we are so pumped to win. Also our seats weren't too shabby eh? I really liked how the Cougarettes danced to the song, "Teach Me How To Jimmer" Clever. Very clever.

4 comments:

  1. Fun Trip. P.S Jacked some photos for facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our "artsy" pose in front of the green explosion is very impressive...ps-I'm loving the new sunflower background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure I took that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYYYYY. Love that the magnetic force of our friendship brings us together on all dots of the map. Glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers