Friday, March 4, 2011

beeping

The other night I heard beeping. It sounded like a fire alarm was out of batteries so I spent ten minutes upstairs trying to figure out which one was beeping by standing by one of the alarms and waiting for the beep. I came to the conclusion that it was the one by the stairs but when I took out the batteries the beeping continued. At this point I was going crazy with the constant beeping every twenty seconds. My body would wait in anticipation and tense up until I heard the beep. It was not good. We didn't have the batteries required so we decided just to cover the alarm with a towel for the night hoping no fire would occur and we could call the fire people in the morning to help us. This process took a long time and took a lot of tape.

After this tape job I could still hear the beeping just as loud so I was looking around looking around and I found our culprit. The carbon monoxide alarm wasn't even plugged into the wall because somebody needed that plug to blow dry their hair but apparently it was angry and wanted to be plugged back in. I plugged it in and pressed the button that says silence and we still kept up the towel on the ceiling for awhile just to admire our hard work and detective skills. Moral of the story: keep all alarms plugged in or they get angry and they beep and make you go crazy.

2 comments:

  1. seriosuly, our fire alarms are not plugged in half the time bc they go off all the time when you turn the stove on! every time we drive past your blue house we say hi to you in the car :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. possibly one of the funniest stories I've heard in awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Followers