Tuesday, February 22, 2011

i'm really blessed

Today I read a book called Uncertain Lives:Children of Promise, Teachers of Hope by Robert Bullough. It was a really interesting book that kind of goes into lots of different things that children these days deal with. It was humbling to read about these students that deal with poverty, abuse in all forms, death, neglect, parents being divorced, drug abuse, pre-natal syndromes, hunger, lack of mom or dad, and the list can go on and on. It really was so sad to realize that this is the reality for so many people. While reading, it just made me so immensely thankful for my family and the life I have been given where I am loved and have been given so much. You don't realize some things but it's such a great blessing to come home to a stable home where my parents love each other and people are treated with kindness and respect.

It also made me excited to be a teacher where I can help provide a safe place for children and be that loving person that encourages them to be their best. Reading this book just really put things into perspective and made me realize that I really do have it good.

1 comment:

Followers