Monday, January 2, 2012

two thousand eleven

As the new year 2012 is upon us I was just thinking about how awesome last year was. I learned a lot, experienced new things, met new people, and just had a good time. Can't wait to see what else is in store because last year was the best yet and I have a hunch that this next one will be even better!!! So here is a quick glance at some of the festivities from 2011 in the life of Sarah Price Edwards.

January
Went up to Park City for the Sundance Film Festival.

February
Got really into painting my nails and got people to do it almost weekly. Thank you mother and roommate Mandy. Couldn't have fueled this obsession without you two.

March
Went down to the Mountain West Conference Basketball Tournament in Vegas for the first time. Got hooked up with some bomb tickets and even saw Jimmer break the record. Pretty cool.

Had a surprise birthday party for Rachel.

April
The Easter Bunny didn't disappoint and provided some goods.

The broski graduated from the home of the Cougs. So smart.

May
Sometimes new years bring in new things or traditions are carried on. One tradition we participated in again was going to see Jayne perform at dinner theatre. Dub X is so lucky to have her because she's the bomb.

Spent a lot of quality time with these three girls as we raced and competed together for six months all across the country including New York, Arizona, California, Washington, Idaho, Pennsylvania, and New Mexico.

June
Had my fair share of shaved ice at the Hokulia shop.

Said goodbye to my wonderful Price Grandparents as they left again for another mission in Russia. They truly are inspiring and I love and miss them a lot.

Beach Road baby with the Edwards cousins.

Tried sushi for the first time and had it TWICE on two separate occasions.

July
The summer would be incomplete without the traditional huge 4th of July party at our house including fireworks, food, swimming, games, face paint, shirts, parade, etc. etc.

Went to Peru with my family and helped build a school in a little village 12,000 feet above sea level called Amaru. Saw Macchu Picchu. Got salmonella. Tried to send this picture in to Patagonia to see if we could get some free stuff but to no avail. Maybe the free stuff will come in the upcoming year of 2012.

Had one of my best friends Steph get married. Loved the jewels on her dress A LOT. (almost as much as I love her)

Went to watch Jayne perform in her last year of YASE camp where she got a solo in the performance. Well deserved.

McCall...need I say more than FUN? No I don't because that's exactly what it is. Loved the matching pjs this year especially.

Anyone who has been to BYU understands the glory of winning an intramural champion shirt. It's takes dedication and perseverance. Well take a little look at the shirts MB and I are wearing...yes we are the intramural flag football champions. (I even caught an interception. It was very exciting and we had to go celebrate at the Malt Shoppe)

August
Went to London to see the Goldies. Perfect thing to go do right before school. So happy I could tag along with Jayne and my mom.

September
Another best friend Sarah Marshall got married. She has been a dear friend since junior high so it was fun to see her and see her awesome sunflower bouquet :)

Really starting to feel the pressure as I went down to California to see yet another best friend Rachel get married. I really need to get on the ball! I've lived with Rachel for two years, ran endless amounts of miles together, and just been really close since our recruiting trip our senior years of high school. Love her.

Spent a lot of time in the lab in the McKay Building seeing that all our classes were in that building except one. Maddie is obviously working hard.

Was inspired by these signs outside the testing center as I went and took my first test of the semester.

October
Worked with these adorable first graders as I practiced teaching during what they call the "practicum" in elementary education. Loved everything about this experience including being called Ms. Edward, the one-on-one time working with struggling readers, being in the classroom, dressing up professionally, seeing the excitement when a student lost a tooth, and much much more!

November
No big deal but Matthew SCORED A TOUCHDOWN what what!!


Went down to Vegas to see my only girl cousin on the Edwards side Kelli (and roommate and friend) get married. So fun.

Ran cross country with the highlight being that our team made it to nationals. So great.

Went to a few bridal showers for my future sister-in-law MaryBeth.

December
Needless to say the blue house was looking extremely festive the last Sunday before Christmas. Love living with these girls and our pet fish Gill.

My favorite brother got MARRIED to MB. Love them. (and yes I am almost as tall as Matthew because I was wearing four inch heels. That alone is a huge accomplishment for 2011)

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! You are so great and have accomplished so many great things in 2011! I can't wait to see what you do in 2012. Love you Sar!

    ReplyDelete

Followers